Access and Facilities Coordinator, Public Access Digital Network
PADNET – Public Access Digital Network
Access and Facilities Coordinator
Full time with benefits
$15 – 17 /hour DOE
The Public Access Digital Network (PADNET) is the new Public Access Television station in Long Beach, CA. We offer production training and resources to the Long Beach Community, including a brand new HD studio, field production kits and Final Cut Pro editing suites. PADNET delivers locally produced news, information and entertainment online and on the cable channel we manage – Charter Channel 32/Verizon Channel 41.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with experience in production and media training to join our team as the Access and Facilities Coordinator.
The Facilities and Access Coordinator is a key staff position that helps oversee the daily operations of the facility including technical equipment, member services and production activity. The successful candidate will have great people skills, a strong interest in technology and media production, a pro-active work ethic and will be able to carry out multiple independent projects from conception through implementation. This is a great opportunity for the right person to help build a public access television station and a community focused media center. We are willing to train the selected candidate with at least the minimum requirements and a passion for the work.
TYPICAL DUTIES (may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Provides technical and general support, training, and mentoring to members of the public in the operation of all PADNET video and studio equipment
- Helps facilitate the PADNET equipment certification process, ensuring that equipment is used properly and only by PADNET-certified members.
- Develops and assists in implementing organizational programs and/or systems designed to anticipate and respond to changing technological trends and member needs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of training curricula and orientations in a variety of formats to encourage the transfer of learning and development of creative community programming, working with other staff as appropriate.
- Oversees multi-camera productions in the studio and in the field and proper set-up all of all equipment.
- May occasionally direct, produce, shoot, light, or perform audio for PADNET productions or other special video projects as assigned or approved by the Director.
- Helps to update PADNET’s website and social media
- Provides timely reports of equipment problems or irregularities to the Program Director
- Helps to coordinate interns and volunteers
- Assists other PADNET staff as needed
- Demonstrated ability to shoot and edit video productions
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro with the ability to troubleshoot when needed
- Strong interest in media production equipment and technology with a passion for continued learning and following new developments and products
- Ability to convey a warm and welcoming public manner and exercise patience while working with community users of various ages and levels of experience
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly in a team environment, operating autonomously under minimal supervision. Must be able to both provide and accept direction, supervision, and guidance when appropriate.
- A commitment to learning PADNET’s policies and operating procedures and help to ensure they are followed at all times by members/users
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous experience with studio production or the willingness to learn and develop a strong level of proficiency
- Experience developing training curricula and organizational programs or systems
- Working knowledge of video playback systems such as Tightrope
- Must be available for work evenings and weekends
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license, have a safe driving record, and maintain California minimum required automobile insurance.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Applications can also be mailed to: PADNET, 3012 Long Beach Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90807
Application Deadline: Monday, July 16