The New Media Advocacy Project seeks a full-time Program Assistant to join the growing N-Map team. This position is a unique opportunity to gain experience in and contribute to social enterprise, human rights, video production, and business development. The Program Assistant will interact with and learn from experienced professionals while helping with programs and supporting N-Map staff. The Program Assistant must be comfortable working independently and be able to travel to N-Map’s offices in Hudson (or if based in Hudson, to NYC) on a semi-regular basis.
The Program Assistant works closely with the Executive Director and Senior Staff providing support in the following areas:
- General Administration.
- Bookkeeping/work with Accountant.
- Contact management.
- Social media.
- Outreach and community building.
- Coordinating travel.
- Drafting documents.
- Planning screenings and events.
- Blog post writing and other special projects.
- Support for fundraising efforts as needed.
- Website updates.
- Maintaining video archive.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Some administrative experience. Familiarity with contact management software and expense tracking a plus.
- Computer and Internet savvy. Proficient in Office Suite, Google applications, and Final Cut Pro/Photoshop a plus.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and prioritize.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to drive required.
- Human rights, law, non-profit, and/or social enterprise experience a strong plus.
- Experience running at least social media campaign required.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must be detail-focused, able to multi-task, flexible, enthusiastic, have a positive attitude and patience, and work well with others.
Salary range: High 20k - low 30k, plus benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample and resume to [email protected]. Cover letters should include an example of a social media or social justice campaign that you have led in the past.