The Center for Democracy & Technology is a non-profit public interest group, based in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA, dedicated to keeping the Internet open, innovative and free. CDT is one of the world’s premier Internet, technology and civil liberties advocacy organizations, working at the cutting edge of policy issues concerning free expression and privacy. For more information, please visit cdt.org.
The Center for Democracy & Technology is seeking a policy analyst to work in support of CDT’s mission with a focus on consumer privacy and health privacy. The job offers an exciting opportunity to help shape public policy on some of the most important issues of the digital age. This position is located in CDT’s Washington, DC office.
- Conduct research on consumer privacy and health privacy issues, including understanding the policy implications of new and existing Internet technologies;
- Support the Directors of CDT’s Consumer Privacy and Health Privacy Projects in formulating and articulating policy positions;
- Engage with technology companies, standards bodies, and other organizations working on privacy issues;
- Write policy papers, reports, blog posts and other pieces about current issues affecting consumer and health privacy; and
The Policy Analyst is a junior professional position, designed for candidates with up to 5 years experience after graduation from an undergraduate or graduate degree program. An ideal candidate would have the following characteristics:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (or work experience) in public policy, information sciences, or other relevant field;
- Technical understanding of how computers and the Internet work;
- Demonstrated interest in technology policy;
- Some knowledge of how the U.S. health care system works;
- Ability to explain technical concepts in understandable terms;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and resourcefulness;
- Self-motivation; and
- A dedication to CDT’s mission of keeping the Internet open, innovative and free.
CDT offers substantial autonomy within a team environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive with public interest and government pay scales. CDT offers excellent benefits, including health care and dental coverage, retirement plan, and generous vacation and parental leave.
Please send an email explaining your interest in the position, along with a resume and short writing sample, to [email protected]. Deadline: July 20, 2012.
The Center for Democracy & Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion, or physical ability.