Manager of Development and Communications
The Educational Video Center (EVC) is a non-profit youth media organization dedicated to teaching documentary video production to youth and educators as a means to develop the artistic, critical literacy, and career skills of young people while nurturing their idealism, intellectual development, and commitment to social activism. Founded in 1984 and based in New York City, EVC has been recognized as a nationally acclaimed leader in the fields of youth media and education.
EVC seeks a Manager of Development and Communications to manage marketing and development activities, and to support program staff. Responsibilities of the position include planning and implementation of grant writing, fundraising, and marketing activities. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Development and Communications serves as a key member of the management team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Development – Assist the Executive Director in developing funding strategy, researching new funding prospects, writing and tracking grant proposals and reports, meeting with funders, and assisting with coordination of benefit and other special events.
- Marketing & Communications - Managing and updating EVC website; producing print materials, eblast newsflashes, and social media marketing to promote the organization and disseminate EVC documentaries and publications.
- M.A. in a related field and a minimum of 3-5 years experience in non-profit program management, preferably in the fields of youth media, non profit management, or school reform.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and social media marketing.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, be comfortable working with youth, lead a diverse and dynamic team, and support the Executive Director in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for youth media and social justice, as well as a familiarity with current social, political, cultural, and environmental issues is desirable.
This is a full time position with a salary range commensurate with experience, including excellent vacation and health benefits. Committed to a diverse workplace, EVC is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls please. Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references by e-mail to [email protected] or by fax to 212.465.9369