Multimedia Specialist/Associate Producer, DCTV
Public Access Corporation of DC (DCTV) is a membership-based, non-profit, public access television network. Since 1988, DCTV has provided residents of the District of Columbia the opportunity to create and telecast their own shows on cable television. This is accomplished by:
- Providing opportunities for community residents and organizations to create noncommercial television programs and telecast them on cable channels on a fair and equitable basis, free of censorship or editorial control.
- Engaging the entire community in a dialogue that is broadly representative of its varied perspectives and cultures.
- Ensuring the presence of diverse cultural groups and ideas traditionally unheard or under‐represented in the media.
Under the direction of the Manager of Production & Training Services, the Multimedia Specialist is responsible for ensuring the quality of member services, training and production services of the cable television public access center which include: creating high quality video in both field and studio environments, contributing production expertise to both in-house and member-produced field and studio productions. In addition, serve as Associate Producer and Editor for DCTV's Creative Services clients and some in-house DCTV productions and projects. The Multimedia Specialistalso provides production support to DCTV individual members, interns and organizations that request training and production services.
- Ensure the smooth operation of all production department activities and services
- Serve as Associate Producer, Editor and Project Manager for DCTV's Creative Services (nonprofit) clients.
- Provide consultative advice to members on productions, editing and other equipment
- Maintain client records, including program proposals, project statuses, invoices, equipment use and scheduling
- Ensure that all equipment use is by members with current certification
- Provide basic production training services to members in accordance with the approved training curricula, schedule and policies.
- Ensure any and all facility use is properly tracked, data and information collected and verified, and entered into the database
- Ensure that members follow all rules and procedures; articulate rules and procedures to members effectively
- Participate in and support organization special events and projects, team and/or special assignment
- Stay abreast of current communications technologies and their impact on and relationship to public access.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Film/Video Broadcast Television, or other media production related area
- A minimum of 3 years of production experience, which includes knowledge of field and studio production techniques (lighting, audio, control room operations, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a progressive and active post production environment; Intermediate knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing
- A basic knowledge of digital media graphics creation and use in video (Motion and/or Photoshop, preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in associate producing, writing for broadcast television or client-driven video projects, story development and production project management
V. WORKING CONDITIONS
Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, excellent personal integrity and ethics, strong ability to be thorough and analytical, excellent initiative and sound judgment, ability to work with diverse communities, and excellent people skills. Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds. Required to be present as scheduled by the Manager of Production and Training Services during the department's operating hours, 1:45 pm to 10:15 pm Monday through Friday, and 9:45 am to 6:15 pm Saturdays (scheduled 5 of 6 days). Multimedia Specialist/Associate Producer will be required to work on-site on Saturdays and most holidays.
Promptness and reliability to be on site as scheduled and available to serve staff, and carry out the activities of the organization is essential.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY September 15, 2014 5PM EST
Send Cover Letter, Full Resume, Reel and References: